Well, the blog is back, in somewhat reduced form.
While messing around with tools a week and a half ago, I did some bad things to my server and decided to upgrade to Movable Type 3.12 on a clean install of OS X 10.2 Server, which I discovered was highly uncooperative with regards to CGI security. So, I upgraded to OS X Server 10.3, which has better CGI security, but, I learned, is just about the only Unix that doesn’t support Perl’s MySQL access module, DBD::MySQL.
Anyhow, if anyone out there can make DBD:MySQL work on OS X 10.3 (I’ve tried every set of instructions I could find for loading it, but it simply hasn’t worked), let me know.
Now, I’m wrestling the complexities of Cascading Style Sheets to make changes in the Movable Type templates. It’s like having to know how the typewriter works before loading the paper into the platen. Oy!